Remote Desktop while using a Microsoft Account

Operating System

Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.125

Description of problem

I can't connect to my computer using Remote Desktop while signed into my Microsoft Account. The Remote Desktop iOS app just says "The user name or password did not work"

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

I disabled "require network level authentication" and used the following usernames to connect to my computer:

  • [PC name]\[username]

  • MicrosoftAccount\[username]

  • MicrosoftAccount\[username]@microsoft.com the iOS app actually won't let me use this one

I also used my Microsoft account password and a app password for each of these because I have 2FA enabled on my account.

When I used a local account before it worked fine, I just used [PC name]\[username] and my local account password for the password, but now nothing seems to work.


Operating SystemWindows 10 version 1709 build 16299.125Description of problemI can't connect to my computer using Remote Desktop while signed into my Microsoft Account. The Remote Desktop iOS app just says "The user name or password did not work"What I've tried so far to resolve the issueI disabled "require network level authentication" and used the following usernames to connect to my computer:[PC name]\[username]MicrosoftAccount\[username]MicrosoftAccount\[username]@microsoft.com the iOS app actually won't let me use this oneI also used my Microsoft account password and a app password for each of these because I have 2FA enabled on my account.When I used a local account before it worked fine, I just used [PC name]\[username] and my local account password for the password, but now nothing seems to work. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2zSyxGD