PC hangs when playing games/watching videos. After manually turning it off or letting it automatically turn off. It can't be on for about an hour.

I've been having issues with PC crashes. It was sporadic in the past but I noticed that it increase in frequency lately.

What usually happens is that it crashes when I am playing any 3d intensive games such as Divinity OS 2 or Subnautica, sometimes while having a youtube/twitch video play in the background. The crash is just a freeze frame and a loud buzzing sound in my headphone (presumably a crash on the audio output). Followed by either me manually turning it off by holding the power button or it turning itself off.

After that, the PC will be unable to power on for about an hour after. There is still light on the motherboard and GPU though. I have tried to let it cool down and/or unplugging all internal and external components and replugging but it makes no difference.

The probability of it crashing is higher when playing any game with twitch running.

My CPU temperature is running around 45 degree Celsius on normal usage and rises up to about 60 to 70 when running games. GPU is running at 55 degree Celsius while normal and rises to 70-80 when playing games, sometimes a little more. However, as the crashes are random I'm not able to grab the temperature when the crashes occur.

The specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz Mobo: Asus Z170M Plus RAM: 2x Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz GFX: Asus R9280x OS HDD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB Data HDD: Western Digital Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Game HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Tray: Asus DRW-24D5MT PSU: Seasonic G-650 OS: Win7 SP1 64-bit 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts.


I've been having issues with PC crashes. It was sporadic in the past but I noticed that it increase in frequency lately.What usually happens is that it crashes when I am playing any 3d intensive games such as Divinity OS 2 or Subnautica, sometimes while having a youtube/twitch video play in the background. The crash is just a freeze frame and a loud buzzing sound in my headphone (presumably a crash on the audio output). Followed by either me manually turning it off by holding the power button or it turning itself off.After that, the PC will be unable to power on for about an hour after. There is still light on the motherboard and GPU though. I have tried to let it cool down and/or unplugging all internal and external components and replugging but it makes no difference.The probability of it crashing is higher when playing any game with twitch running.My CPU temperature is running around 45 degree Celsius on normal usage and rises up to about 60 to 70 when running games. GPU is running at 55 degree Celsius while normal and rises to 70-80 when playing games, sometimes a little more. However, as the crashes are random I'm not able to grab the temperature when the crashes occur.The specs are:CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz Mobo: Asus Z170M Plus RAM: 2x Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz GFX: Asus R9280x OS HDD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB Data HDD: Western Digital Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Game HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Tray: Asus DRW-24D5MT PSU: Seasonic G-650 OS: Win7 SP1 64-bit Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2lqseFH