GPU not detected on dual monitor setup- possible dead card?

Operating System

Windows 10

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

Intel i5 3570 Processor Sapphire HD 7950 Graphics Card Asus H61M-K Motherboard Corsair CX600 Power Supply8GB DDR3 RAM

Speccy Link

N/A

Description of problem

This is a very weird problem and I'm worried my card might be dead so I appreciate all the help I can get.I'm running a dual monitor setup- one mini DP to my main monitor and one VGA from integrated graphics (motherboard) to my second monitor.I have changed absolutely nothing in the past day but today the main monitor wasn't picking up a signal so I checked device manager and my GPU also wasn't detected.I have tried everything from using DDU, switching power cables, replacing the CMOS battery, taking apart the GPU to clean the connectors and switching the ports as well as changing BIOS settings.The weird thing is the GPU is detected if I wipe my drivers and restart, but as soon as I install AMD Crimson and restart the GPU doesn't show up. I can also use the DP port on my card as long as I don't install the drivers...The fans on the GPU are running but it just isn't detected.What can I do?

When this issue began

Today

Recurring issue

No

Date of purchase

N/A

Under Warranty

No

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

Rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling AMD drivers.

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

I have tried everything from using DDU, switching power cables, replacing the CMOS battery, taking apart the GPU to clean the connectors and switching the ports as well as changing BIOS settings.


Operating SystemWindows 10Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)Intel i5 3570 Processor Sapphire HD 7950 Graphics Card Asus H61M-K Motherboard Corsair CX600 Power Supply8GB DDR3 RAMSpeccy LinkN/ADescription of problemThis is a very weird problem and I'm worried my card might be dead so I appreciate all the help I can get.I'm running a dual monitor setup- one mini DP to my main monitor and one VGA from integrated graphics (motherboard) to my second monitor.I have changed absolutely nothing in the past day but today the main monitor wasn't picking up a signal so I checked device manager and my GPU also wasn't detected.I have tried everything from using DDU, switching power cables, replacing the CMOS battery, taking apart the GPU to clean the connectors and switching the ports as well as changing BIOS settings.The weird thing is the GPU is detected if I wipe my drivers and restart, but as soon as I install AMD Crimson and restart the GPU doesn't show up. I can also use the DP port on my card as long as I don't install the drivers...The fans on the GPU are running but it just isn't detected.What can I do?When this issue beganTodayRecurring issueNoDate of purchaseN/AUnder WarrantyNoCause/Steps to recreate the issueRebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling AMD drivers.What I've tried so far to resolve the issueI have tried everything from using DDU, switching power cables, replacing the CMOS battery, taking apart the GPU to clean the connectors and switching the ports as well as changing BIOS settings. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2EnrYzc