CPU been acting funny for a while, tried fresh install--didn't work.

So I'm not actually sure if it's my CPU that's the problem. Here are some specs.

Windows 10 64-bit (as said--fresh install. i completely wiped my HDD just today to see if it would help)

AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core Processor 4.3 GHz

16GB RAM

Radeon RX480

When I open task manager it seems to me that some programs use far too much processing power and make my fan (granted, it's the stock AMD fan) run way too loud. Windows Module Installer, for instance. If I have it running--and of course it runs automatically-- and even just one tab of Chrome open my CPU sounds like a jet engine. Now, this didn't used to worry me and I figured it was doing its thing, but after a while of doing this it turns itself off. I've heard that computers do this in order to avoid permanent damage to their processors so...I suppose it isn't terrible, right?

Well anyway as time went on it seemed to happen more and more often and under less extraneous circumstances. Initially it would happen after about an hour or so of playing Overwatch...Then that hour went down to less and less time and now I don't even want to try playing that game anymore.

I just recently bought Pyre on Steam and you can have a look at the specs yourself; my rig should be perfectly well equipped to handle that game no problem. Yet, after about five minutes of running it, my computer shut off.

Also, when I put my computer into sleep mode and then wake it back up it'll be fine for a few minutes--no loud fan or anything--and then it'll freeze and restart itself.

Any idea what the problem could be? At first I was thinking of getting a heat sink but now I doubt that'd be the problem. Do I need a new CPU? Maybe a new HDD? I believe this HDD is fairly old...

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.


So I'm not actually sure if it's my CPU that's the problem. Here are some specs.Windows 10 64-bit (as said--fresh install. i completely wiped my HDD just today to see if it would help)AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core Processor 4.3 GHz16GB RAMRadeon RX480When I open task manager it seems to me that some programs use far too much processing power and make my fan (granted, it's the stock AMD fan) run way too loud. Windows Module Installer, for instance. If I have it running--and of course it runs automatically-- and even just one tab of Chrome open my CPU sounds like a jet engine. Now, this didn't used to worry me and I figured it was doing its thing, but after a while of doing this it turns itself off. I've heard that computers do this in order to avoid permanent damage to their processors so...I suppose it isn't terrible, right?Well anyway as time went on it seemed to happen more and more often and under less extraneous circumstances. Initially it would happen after about an hour or so of playing Overwatch...Then that hour went down to less and less time and now I don't even want to try playing that game anymore.I just recently bought Pyre on Steam and you can have a look at the specs yourself; my rig should be perfectly well equipped to handle that game no problem. Yet, after about five minutes of running it, my computer shut off.Also, when I put my computer into sleep mode and then wake it back up it'll be fine for a few minutes--no loud fan or anything--and then it'll freeze and restart itself.Any idea what the problem could be? At first I was thinking of getting a heat sink but now I doubt that'd be the problem. Do I need a new CPU? Maybe a new HDD? I believe this HDD is fairly old...Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2zTon8l