Warranty service outside of the US?

I purchased an RS988 from a US retailer in 2016, and am currently in Canada. GPS is garbage, fingerprint reader works inconsistently, bluetooth disconnects, and I already had the camera repaired (would not focus) out of my own pocket.I am told that I have to pay to ship it back to the US and then have it shipped to a friend/family in the US in order to have it repaired.Does anyone have any experience with this three ring circus?LG is otherwise refusing to service the camera. They "do not have the parts for that phone at the Canadian service center" which is total garbage/BS.I was seriously fawning over the V30 today, but as someone who travels pretty much year round, I cannot fathom going through this again. This would be the first time I ever required warranty on a smartphone in this lifetime.Total bunk.

I purchased an RS988 from a US retailer in 2016, and am currently in Canada. GPS is garbage, fingerprint reader works inconsistently, bluetooth disconnects, and I already had the camera repaired (would not focus) out of my own pocket.

I am told that I have to pay to ship it back to the US and then have it shipped to a friend/family in the US in order to have it repaired.

Does anyone have any experience with this three ring circus?

LG is otherwise refusing to service the camera. They "do not have the parts for that phone at the Canadian service center" which is total garbage/BS.

I was seriously fawning over the V30 today, but as someone who travels pretty much year round, I cannot fathom going through this again. This would be the first time I ever required warranty on a smartphone in this lifetime.

Total bunk.

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J