Win10 - Repairing Computer&BCD from Repair USB, Issues / Do I Clean Install to 2nd HD?

(Thank you in advance for reading - I'm sorry for the long read; I'm trying to give as much info as possible in hopes of helping to find a solution!)

Harddrive Setup: Main SSD where Windows was Installed (125gb), HDD where main files/some programs are installed (1TB), newer-ish 2nd SSD where 'main/primary' programs I use are installed (750gb).

Hello,

As a bit of background for my situation: Just today, I began having odd computer freezes/lock-ups in the middle of seemingly nowhere. I'd be running an online game(through Valve's Steam software), a couple of Chrome tabs, and a voice chat app (Discord), and my computer would become non-interactable - clicking on any open windows or pressing and keys, including alt-tabbing and ctrl-alt-delete, would not do anything, but the people I was chatting with via the voice chat app could still hear me & I could hear them.

Thinking this wasn't anything to worry about, I hard-reset my computer (held down the power button - not sure of the exact terminology) and started it back up. This then proceeded to happen 2 more times, in gradually decreasing intervals of about 5-8 minutes until the point where it 'froze' within 10-15 seconds of reaching the Windows Desktop whenever I startup the computer (after signing in) -OR- I got the 0xc000000e Boot Error. Forward a couple days and trying/researching attempts, now I seem to only be getting the 0xc000000f Boot Error.

I managed to get a Win10 Repair USB set up via the Win10 .ISO file & the Rufus program, and found a link to help rebuild my BCD: (https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-rebuild-the-bcd-in-windows-2624508) Note that, from this point forward, I have my GPU unmounted to my motherboard, with only my Mouse/Keyboard, 1 monitor via HDMI, my USB plugged in, and only the needed Harddrives (I mention which ones I have plugged in for each point)

  • (Plugged in: Main Win10 Installed SSD + HDD plugged in - I think there may be core Win10 Elements on the HDD, as attempting to boot with JUST the Main SSD plugged in just loops the Asus Motherboard BIOS - is this possible?) I managed to boot from it, got the Windows 10 Install portion up, navigated to the 'Repair my Computer' portion, and to Command Prompt (Following the LifeWire link you provided to rebuild the BCD). However, after typing in the first line of the guide: "bootrec /rebuildbcd", I get the message "Scanning all disks for Windows installations. Please wait, since this may take a while..." However, this part would hang for a long time and, after watching a couple video guides on this part, it appears that this shouldn't be taking the 20-30 minutes that I've been waiting.

  • (Main SSD + HDD) After a bit of time, I went back into the Windows 10 Repair/Install USB with the aim of doing a clean Win10 Install and erasing all data - However, after clicking the 'Install Now' Button (rather than the 'Repair this PC' one), I was stalled on the 'Please Wait' screen that follows this. I'm not sure if this adds/helps with any solution, so I'm adding it here just in case.

  • (Just the 2nd SSD) With the above 2 failing, I opted to try and do a fresh Win10 Install on my 2nd SSD (I only had a couple programs, no other files). I managed to get past the previously mentioned 'Please Wait' Screen (Which is why I think that may be of importance for the other Harddrives?) but, because I have utilized the SSD already, I'm getting a message saying 'Windows can't be installed on drive 0 (partition 1 or 2) - Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style.' Is there a way this SSD can be partitioned into a workable style for Win10 installation while being here? If my other Harddrives are ruined, I'm okay with this option.

Apologies for the long read again, but a thank you in advance to anyone that offers their time & assistance.

  • Tony

(Thank you in advance for reading - I'm sorry for the long read; I'm trying to give as much info as possible in hopes of helping to find a solution!)Harddrive Setup: Main SSD where Windows was Installed (125gb), HDD where main files/some programs are installed (1TB), newer-ish 2nd SSD where 'main/primary' programs I use are installed (750gb).Hello,As a bit of background for my situation: Just today, I began having odd computer freezes/lock-ups in the middle of seemingly nowhere. I'd be running an online game(through Valve's Steam software), a couple of Chrome tabs, and a voice chat app (Discord), and my computer would become non-interactable - clicking on any open windows or pressing and keys, including alt-tabbing and ctrl-alt-delete, would not do anything, but the people I was chatting with via the voice chat app could still hear me & I could hear them.Thinking this wasn't anything to worry about, I hard-reset my computer (held down the power button - not sure of the exact terminology) and started it back up. This then proceeded to happen 2 more times, in gradually decreasing intervals of about 5-8 minutes until the point where it 'froze' within 10-15 seconds of reaching the Windows Desktop whenever I startup the computer (after signing in) -OR- I got the 0xc000000e Boot Error. Forward a couple days and trying/researching attempts, now I seem to only be getting the 0xc000000f Boot Error.I managed to get a Win10 Repair USB set up via the Win10 .ISO file & the Rufus program, and found a link to help rebuild my BCD: (http://ift.tt/2eTCCQ0) Note that, from this point forward, I have my GPU unmounted to my motherboard, with only my Mouse/Keyboard, 1 monitor via HDMI, my USB plugged in, and only the needed Harddrives (I mention which ones I have plugged in for each point)(Plugged in: Main Win10 Installed SSD + HDD plugged in - I think there may be core Win10 Elements on the HDD, as attempting to boot with JUST the Main SSD plugged in just loops the Asus Motherboard BIOS - is this possible?) I managed to boot from it, got the Windows 10 Install portion up, navigated to the 'Repair my Computer' portion, and to Command Prompt (Following the LifeWire link you provided to rebuild the BCD). However, after typing in the first line of the guide: "bootrec /rebuildbcd", I get the message "Scanning all disks for Windows installations. Please wait, since this may take a while..." However, this part would hang for a long time and, after watching a couple video guides on this part, it appears that this shouldn't be taking the 20-30 minutes that I've been waiting.(Main SSD + HDD) After a bit of time, I went back into the Windows 10 Repair/Install USB with the aim of doing a clean Win10 Install and erasing all data - However, after clicking the 'Install Now' Button (rather than the 'Repair this PC' one), I was stalled on the 'Please Wait' screen that follows this. I'm not sure if this adds/helps with any solution, so I'm adding it here just in case.(Just the 2nd SSD) With the above 2 failing, I opted to try and do a fresh Win10 Install on my 2nd SSD (I only had a couple programs, no other files). I managed to get past the previously mentioned 'Please Wait' Screen (Which is why I think that may be of importance for the other Harddrives?) but, because I have utilized the SSD already, I'm getting a message saying 'Windows can't be installed on drive 0 (partition 1 or 2) - Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style.' Is there a way this SSD can be partitioned into a workable style for Win10 installation while being here? If my other Harddrives are ruined, I'm okay with this option.Apologies for the long read again, but a thank you in advance to anyone that offers their time & assistance.Tony http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2DUqooo