So yesterday my PC wouldn't boot. When I pressed power button it would try boot, all fans and LEDs on, can hear HDD moving about etc, got to bios and screen went off after 2 seconds and monitor says no signal.
My build is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit running i7 3770K with a cooler master V8, gigabyte ud3h mobo, 16gb ram, Corsair 750w PSU, gigabyte gtx670, SSD and a few hdd's. I built it myself about 4 years ago and has had no problems.
Decided to try trouble shoot. Looked inside my case and found my CPU cooler is not running. So I went down to local PC shop bought a new fan and put it inside heatsink of CPU cooler. I also gave the case out with an air compressor with a moisture trap and only cleaned heatsink fins and the fans/filters. I then tried to boot up. All LEDs and fans running including the new CPU fan. I was able to login to windows and be at desktop for about 30 seconds before screen went blank again showing no signal.
Since this boot I have not been able to get past the bios screen before the screen goes blank like when I first noticed the problem had arisen. I then tried resetting the cmos multiple times and have tried reseating ram etc. Still same sypmtoms. Friend of mine suggested changing the thermal paste so I also gave that a try also and still no signal.
Unsure how to proceed from here apart from buying a brand new CPU cooler. The fan replacement I bought is 55 CFM but the old was 70 CFM so it might be overheating still? Going to try fix it myself before resorting to taking it to a shop.
One thing I noticed that is weird is when it's in it's no signal state, I barely have to press the power button and the PC turns off, holding it down is not required.
TL;DR PC won't boot and even since remedy of intial problem
So yesterday my PC wouldn't boot. When I pressed power button it would try boot, all fans and LEDs on, can hear HDD moving about etc, got to bios and screen went off after 2 seconds and monitor says no signal.My build is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit running i7 3770K with a cooler master V8, gigabyte ud3h mobo, 16gb ram, Corsair 750w PSU, gigabyte gtx670, SSD and a few hdd's. I built it myself about 4 years ago and has had no problems.Decided to try trouble shoot. Looked inside my case and found my CPU cooler is not running. So I went down to local PC shop bought a new fan and put it inside heatsink of CPU cooler. I also gave the case out with an air compressor with a moisture trap and only cleaned heatsink fins and the fans/filters. I then tried to boot up. All LEDs and fans running including the new CPU fan. I was able to login to windows and be at desktop for about 30 seconds before screen went blank again showing no signal.Since this boot I have not been able to get past the bios screen before the screen goes blank like when I first noticed the problem had arisen. I then tried resetting the cmos multiple times and have tried reseating ram etc. Still same sypmtoms. Friend of mine suggested changing the thermal paste so I also gave that a try also and still no signal.Unsure how to proceed from here apart from buying a brand new CPU cooler. The fan replacement I bought is 55 CFM but the old was 70 CFM so it might be overheating still? Going to try fix it myself before resorting to taking it to a shop.One thing I noticed that is weird is when it's in it's no signal state, I barely have to press the power button and the PC turns off, holding it down is not required.TL;DR PC won't boot and even since remedy of intial problem http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2DoIUEk