New PC build does not work

Operating System

Windows 7

Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)

Type|Item:

CPU | Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler | Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard | Asus - ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory | G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage | Intel - 600p Series 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Video Card | Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB TURBO Video Card

Case | Corsair - 250D Mini ITX Tower Case

Power Supply | Corsair - RMx 850W 80 Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Optical Drive | Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Case Fan | Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan

Case Fan | Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case Fan | Noctua - NF-A8 PWM 32.7 CFM 80mm Fan

Description of problem

This is a new build and when I tested it the following happens:

  • Case fans including the CPU cooler fans spin for 1-2 seconds and then they go off
  • PSU fan spins for 18-20 seconds before turning off
  • VGA fan is always spins
  • POST led does not turn on
  • Motherboard speaker does not work
  • Motherboard LEDs work

Connection from above

When this issue began

The moment I finished the build

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

N/A

Under Warranty

Yes

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

Hit the power button

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

  • Disconnected and reconnected PSU wires.
  • Detached the processor and reattached it.

I have a feeling it is the motherboard but I hope I am wrong and it is a simple connection error. I don't have a diagnostics card to tell me what is wrong.


Operating SystemWindows 7Computer Specs (PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard)Type|Item:CPU | Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core ProcessorCPU Cooler | Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU CoolerMotherboard | Asus - ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151 MotherboardMemory | G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 MemoryStorage | Intel - 600p Series 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State DriveVideo Card | Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB TURBO Video CardCase | Corsair - 250D Mini ITX Tower CasePower Supply | Corsair - RMx 850W 80 Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power SupplyOptical Drive | Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD WriterCase Fan | Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm FanCase Fan | Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm FanCase Fan | Noctua - NF-A8 PWM 32.7 CFM 80mm FanDescription of problemThis is a new build and when I tested it the following happens:Case fans including the CPU cooler fans spin for 1-2 seconds and then they go offPSU fan spins for 18-20 seconds before turning offVGA fan is always spinsPOST led does not turn onMotherboard speaker does not workMotherboard LEDs workConnection from aboveWhen this issue beganThe moment I finished the buildRecurring issueYesDate of purchaseN/AUnder WarrantyYesCause/Steps to recreate the issueHit the power buttonWhat I've tried so far to resolve the issueDisconnected and reconnected PSU wires.Detached the processor and reattached it.I have a feeling it is the motherboard but I hope I am wrong and it is a simple connection error. I don't have a diagnostics card to tell me what is wrong. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2DwNgMY