Extra drive listed in Optimize Drives?

I went to run a disk defragment just now, and noticed that there's an extra disk drive that shouldn't exist. I have an SSD (C) running Windows, and an HDD (D) for everything else. A new Drive is in the list, saying it's a Solid state drive, optimization not available.

The drives listed are: Windows SSD (C), Storage HDD (D), Recovery, and \?\Volume{117f7150-34b1-4c7c-a1c5-80ce7e32e641}\

Obviously the last one stuck out when I saw it, so I jumped into Device Manager to see what's up. I see both the C and D drives present, but the C drive looks like something could be up. Going through the device properties, the First install date is listed a 11/30/2017, which is about 2 years after the actual first install. Looking in Events, I see that on 11/30/17 the Device started (disk), Device configured (disk.inf), and Device migrated.

I don't even know what migration means, but I'm pretty sure it's not something I did knowingly. What could this new drive mean? Could it be something malicious? I have not noticed any performance degradation, and all scans have come back clean.


I went to run a disk defragment just now, and noticed that there's an extra disk drive that shouldn't exist. I have an SSD (C) running Windows, and an HDD (D) for everything else. A new Drive is in the list, saying it's a Solid state drive, optimization not available.The drives listed are: Windows SSD (C), Storage HDD (D), Recovery, and \?\Volume{117f7150-34b1-4c7c-a1c5-80ce7e32e641}\Obviously the last one stuck out when I saw it, so I jumped into Device Manager to see what's up. I see both the C and D drives present, but the C drive looks like something could be up. Going through the device properties, the First install date is listed a 11/30/2017, which is about 2 years after the actual first install. Looking in Events, I see that on 11/30/17 the Device started (disk), Device configured (disk.inf), and Device migrated.I don't even know what migration means, but I'm pretty sure it's not something I did knowingly. What could this new drive mean? Could it be something malicious? I have not noticed any performance degradation, and all scans have come back clean. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2EZEx37