PC restarts upon shutdown and WiFi adapter is nonexistent

Product Name: HP Envy 700-074 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) RE: HP Forums - PC restarts upon shutdown and WiFi adapter is nonexistent

I'm not sure if it's an HP issue, Windows issue or hardware issue.

I have tried everything within my understanding to stop my PC from turning back on a few seconds after I shutdown.

The problem started months ago and I got so fed up that I left it alone until now.

Steps I have taken:

Turned off automatic restart upon system failure Disabled fast-startup Restored to 1/1/17 Upddated Windows 10 Updated Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller I don't know what else I can do really.

In addition to this, my Ralink Wi-Fi Adapter is completely missing. It doesn't show up in Device Manager. My Desktop asks for an ethernet connection.

In Windows > Settings > Network & Internet there is no left-hand tab for Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi simply does not exist.

I'm wondering if this is causing the automatic reboot.

I don't know what driver I need to download to get my Wi-Fi adapter back. I know it might be an issue with the card, and I am open to buying a usb adapter. I am more concerned with my Desktop acting as thought it's possessed by a ghost.


Product Name: HP Envy 700-074 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) RE: HP Forums - PC restarts upon shutdown and WiFi adapter is nonexistentI'm not sure if it's an HP issue, Windows issue or hardware issue.I have tried everything within my understanding to stop my PC from turning back on a few seconds after I shutdown.The problem started months ago and I got so fed up that I left it alone until now.Steps I have taken:Turned off automatic restart upon system failure Disabled fast-startup Restored to 1/1/17 Upddated Windows 10 Updated Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller I don't know what else I can do really.In addition to this, my Ralink Wi-Fi Adapter is completely missing. It doesn't show up in Device Manager. My Desktop asks for an ethernet connection.In Windows > Settings > Network & Internet there is no left-hand tab for Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi simply does not exist.I'm wondering if this is causing the automatic reboot.I don't know what driver I need to download to get my Wi-Fi adapter back. I know it might be an issue with the card, and I am open to buying a usb adapter. I am more concerned with my Desktop acting as thought it's possessed by a ghost. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2lwxpmA