Audio services not responding on Windows 10

Today, I was listening to Youtube videos and then the system restarted and could not play audio anymore.

When I troubleshoot from the desktop, it says that Audio devices are not responding.

I have tried reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio Manager drivers, but this did not solve the problem.

I've done all the basic stuff that is in multiple online articles as well such as restarting audio services and making sure that the Windows audo components are running but there is still a red X icon by the speaker in the task bar.

Plugging in my headphones in and out again did not solve the issue either.

What is causing the issue here? Help would be appreciated.


Today, I was listening to Youtube videos and then the system restarted and could not play audio anymore.When I troubleshoot from the desktop, it says that Audio devices are not responding.I have tried reinstalling the Realtek HD Audio Manager drivers, but this did not solve the problem.I've done all the basic stuff that is in multiple online articles as well such as restarting audio services and making sure that the Windows audo components are running but there is still a red X icon by the speaker in the task bar.Plugging in my headphones in and out again did not solve the issue either.What is causing the issue here? Help would be appreciated. http://ift.tt/eA8V8J
http://ift.tt/2zSWyxf